03 August 2009

Prayer Request

by Frank Turk

Over the weekend, Darrin Patrick of the Journey in St. Louis, MO, was bitten by a brown recluse spider -- which many of you know is nasty business. Darrin went to the hospital and was treated, but now has a staph infection.

You probably don't know Darrin. I had coffee with him once. He has a wife and 3 kids whom he loves, and a church full of people who used to be lost but now love and serve Jesus. Please pray for the recovery of this brother, father, husband and pastor.


11 comments:

Jerry said...

Praying.

Spider bites of all kinds are nasty. I had one on my stomach at the beltline last summer that took about 4 months to heal, and that wasn't from a brown recluse.

Anonymous said...

Praying now.

Mike Westfall said...

Oh my! I've seen pictures of what a Brown Recluse spider bite can do. It's not pretty.

Definitely praying for this brother ('specially since Brown Recluse spiders aren't covered by Mark 16:18...)

paulchoi said...

I prayed,

donsands said...

My sister-in-law was bit twice. Nasty indeed.

I'll pray for the Lord's healing and mercy for our brother.

Penn Tomassetti said...

I prayed for this brother too.

David Kyle said...

Praying

Beyond Zaphon said...

Being from the Midwest I have seen these pernicious creatures in my house. They have a potentially wicked bite, but it is the secondary infection that can be really nasty. "The Journey" is a controversal church in St. Louis. Discernment would be advised. I will certainly pray for healing mercies.

Jared Reed said...

any updates on Brother Darrin?

Hayden said...

I was in St. Louis and attended the Journey while there. This church is definitely filled with people who love the Lord.

I will pray for Darrin.

American History said...

Keeping that family in our prayers. Lets light a candle together at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher at http://HolyLandPrayer.com. God bless.