I'm trying to finish up my reading of Mark Driscoll's Death by Love, and hope to have a review up here Thursday. In the meanwhile....
We've had vigorous discussion about church ministry, church attendance, staying in churches, and leaving church. Now I want to ask our august readership this question:
Before you launch, read these explanations and limitations:
- This is only for Christians whose church affiliation affirms the Biblical fundamentals of theology proper, Bibliology, and the Gospel. (That would exclude JWs, Roman Catholics, Hindus, Scientologists, Christian Scientists, Moslems, Mormons, Animists, Eastern/Greek Orthoborg, and anyone else I find I have to exclude as we go. But it would include pre/post/amill, pedos and credos, Arminians and Calvinists, dispies and CTers, charismatics and people who really do believe in the sufficiency of Scripture, and a thronging mass of others.)
- It is also only for Christians who are not sinning against God by refusing to be involved in a local church.
- [UPDATE] Please do not make disparaging remarks about identifiable ministries or pastors from your past.
- I want to know any or all of the following:
Have at it.
- Why are you in the denomination you're in? or
- Why are you in an independent (i.e. non-denominational) church?
- How did you find the church you attend?
- What specifically led you to attach yourself to the church you attend?
- Why do you stay?
- Under what circumstances would you leave?