Here's the first burst. I'll start some major adds after my Bible etc. reading, so check back. Priorities!
If @RickWarren called the Pope "the Holy Father," without air-quotes, how does he retain ANY cred among Christians? (http://t.co/njIleze1lu)
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) November 18, 2014
- I go to Doug Wilson's site daily. But it may be a week, two or three, before something grabs me. Then when Doug's in the ten-ring, he is just In. The. Ten. Ring. Like this brilliant takedown of Greg Boyd.
- Friends don't let friends indulge their revulsion against God's sovereignty. See Pinnock. See Boyd. See a host of others.
- It often seems to be the case that when Doug is brilliant, he's brilliant by clusters. So the above was followed soon thereafter by Remanded to Sensitivity Camps, which is, well, brilliant. It's a thought from the same seedbed as this post, which even Challies admitted seeing.
You know, it's that 99% of the Charismatics that give the other 1% a bad name.
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) November 11, 2014
- WORLD Magazine. No less than the New York Times has a profile touting the magazine as being a fearless, clear-eyed exposer of Protestant leaders' sins. I myself was initially a very vocal fan and promoter of the magazine. But their drift forced me to a very different position.
- I noted a bit ago big names who seem to dismiss reparative therapy for same-sex fornicators, but without reported explanation. Now comes a solid piece from Heath Lambert titled What’sWrong With Reparative Therapy?
- Some pastors are responding to the gay mirage fad by opting out of doing civil marriages altogether. (Site may have unsavory side-column images.)
- At the risk of making this a Doug Wilson themed edition, the brother offers his own thoughts on the previous suggestion.
- Today is an historical landmark of sorts, no pun intended:
Incredible to consider it was one year ago today that I interviewed Mark Driscoll about his new book. What a year. #JesusIsLord
— Janet Mefferd (@JanetMefferd) November 21, 2014
- Which makes it hard not also to recall:
I wouldn't recommend authors go on @JanetMefferd's show after she pulled this during an interview with @PastorMark http://t.co/a0zdkIC43P
— BetweenTwoWorlds (@between2worlds) November 23, 2013
- Pause to reflect on the commentary that subsequent history added to both Tweets.
- Now, to be fair: if anyone knows of any retractions and apologies — which is to say, any welcome deviations from PA#2 — let me know so that I can share.
- Not related, and not theological, but still fairly awesome.
- To us:
"Phillip, fetch me the nail gun." - @drmoore to @pbethancourt at the Vatican pic.twitter.com/50VjR7XhIA
— Eric Schumacher (@emschumacher) November 19, 2014
- To the Pope:
Back on American soil. Thank you @Pontifex for gracious hospitality, and the opportunity to have this important conversation.
— Russell Moore (@drmoore) November 21, 2014
- In between? Don't know.
- Used to be that Multnomah Press was a sure sign of Biblically-faithful Christian books. No longer. But in a rarity, the publisher is splitting into two labels, to deal with conservative titles and those that aren't so much. They're being up-front with buyers, that some of their titles are going away from Biblical fidelity. You know, just like Eerdmans, Baker, and Zondervan didn't.
RT @played_well: One of the best fridges ever. pic.twitter.com/A3JY58rPWJ @BibChr @jacigreggs I updated my wish list.
— Fred Butler (@Fred_Butler) November 21, 2014
- Remember how Houston's lesbian mayor Annise Parker was seeking sermons and correspondence from some local pastors touching on homosexuality, her conduct in office, related matters? Remember how her legal team launched it, she doubled down, then she retracted? Turns out it seems to be ongoing.
Of gathering of Jews, Muslims, LDS and others, @RickWarren says "we all love Jesus Christ" — http://t.co/MJ6GK5U0SZ
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) November 19, 2014