21 February 2006

Toward a better-looking blog...

by Phil Johnson

A fresh shirt. Ahhh.There. I changed shirts. That's much better.

Note to self: add rule to Pyromaniacs' posting guidelines. Ban all unapproved candid photos from the blog.


Incidentally, for those who have wondered about the "Pyromaniacs" merchandise in Frank's Pawn shop: Yes it's real. Below are some actual pictures of my friend Madeline wearing the Infant Creeper. Trust me: it's really cool stuff. We'd sell it here, but I don't want to commercialize the blog. Frank's blog is already a giant mercantile center, so he's handling all the merchandise.

Load up while you can. If Frank keeps posting pictures of me in my fishing shirt, his affiliation with PyroManiacs could be short-lived.

Normally, I wouldn't allow crass commercial promotion on this blog, especially the kind that uses a good-looking female model. But since Frank uglified the blog this morning, we need to restore some equilibrium to the universe.

Madeline

Phil's signature

13 comments:

Momo said...

Yeah, I noticed that Frank was pushing it there, but I have more class than to point it out when I really couldn't give him any official rule . . .

(Oh man, I'm choking on my coffee here this is so much fun)

DJP said...

That looks remarkably like what my wife calls my "patient look."

Kim said...

I dunno; I kind of liked the other picture. In this picture here, you look like you're all dressed up to host the Miss America pageant or something.

IB Dubbya said...

'Normally, I wouldn't allow crass commercial promotion on this blog, especially the kind that uses a good-looking female model.'

Man! I thought Elle & Cosmo were wrong for robbin' the cradle! (Tsk, tsk, tsk...)

¡sbgtfa!

Forgiven Sinner said...

This picture looks like something you would put in the OBITUARY SECTION of the newspaper...

Caleb Kolstad said...

Great Model for the company! We have to get one of those!

Forgiven Sinner said...

Do you have Pyro Pet T's for a 140lb Great Dane?

Momo said...

forgiven sinner notes: This picture looks like something you would put in the OBITUARY SECTION of the newspaper...

You know, it reminded me of something similar. It reminded me of those old photos they took in the 19th century of people who had been murdered. You know the ones. The guy is dressed in a nice suit, laid out on a piece of plywood, and positioned so as to show the nature of his mortal wounds in a graphic way.

If only the picture were black and white.

FX Turk said...

All the more reason to pray for Phil: he doesn't listen to his wife when he buys shirts.

FX Turk said...

Actually, I think I am more hurt that we can't link to the TeamPyro shop than I am that Phil wants to ban me for posting that picture.

I am a retailer before I am a blogger -- no question.

IB Dubbya said...

'This picture looks like something you would put in the OBITUARY SECTION of the newspaper...'

[...I was hopin' I wasn't the only one who thought that...]

'I am a retailer before I am a blogger -- no question.'

Sell on, Sellah!

¡sbgtfa!

Kate said...

That is one cute baby! Love the onesie!

Glad to see such a happy eyebrow-lifting picture of you up on the top right there - you look like a real radical now. HA! :+)

Warmly,
Kate

NEB said...

This is late, but I've got a suggestion to improve this blog's appearance.

Put an eyebrow on the baby.