08 January 2011

That there cover: thanks, thoughts, and a survey version (si puedes)

by Dan Phillips

I'll enumerate, for the sake of brevity and concisitude:
  1. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of you who took the time to share explain your opinions. What a great bunch you are, and how blessed I am to share you with my betters here as readers.
  2. I am humbled and encouraged and amazed almost beyond my capacity to believe or feel it at how many of you express your plan, content-unseen, to buy the book. That's incredibly humbling. Just... thank you so much.
  3. It's been fun learning more about you.
  4. Isn't it interesting how a group of broadly like-minded people can come down so differently and so emphatically on something like this?
  5. HSAT, beloved reader ThreeGirlDad has done what I wish I'd thought to do at the start, and created an online survey. If you feel like adding that, it would help us count up the specifics and break down the demographics. But I know you're busy, it's the weekend, so that's up to you.
  6. Pick one of the two, please. If you hate them both, note that in the comments.
  7. Thanks!

Dan Phillips's signature

8 comments:

John said...

I'm going to buy your book, unless you send me a review copy. :)

I'm looking forward to it. I've read more of your writing via this blog than I read of most authors before I pick up their books.

Brad Gilbert said...

I want to be "that guy" who comments on a post that was obviously written to direct people to another post and not start a discussion on its own...oh wait...

archshrk said...

@Brad, you are totally missing the point. If Dan didn't want to start a discussion on this post too, he surely would have closed the comments section. So clearly he wants us to discuss this post about going to another post or survey.

Oh, and you play "that guy" so well. Keep up the good work. ;)

Rachael Starke said...

I seem to recall 3GD coming to you technical research assistance before - he better get a 5% discount and an autograph. Somethin.' :)

And I loved learning about your readers, too. Definitely an....eclectic crowd! Next time someone fire's the "Youse guys are all the same" broadside, we can just send them to that thread.

threegirldad said...

Due credit to commenter "Angie," who recommended SurveyMonkey in the other thread. I'd never heard of it -- nice resource.

John said...

@Brad, I was referring to point number 2 on THIS post. It would make little sense to make my prior comment on any other post.

Larry Geiger said...

Hi Brad!

Gov98 said...

So, I was thinking while I don't like both covers what would be a good cover... I was thinking what about a Monopoly board on a corner between b&o railroad and shortline with a marker (a guy or gal) on b&o railroad. Nested in the corner is the dice roll some how in the shape of a cross for splicity it could be a single die with 5 dots in shape of cross. The properties are renamed so b&o is something like Dan and Beersheba railway Atlantic is renamed as some Bible person or place.

In the spot of Go to Jail it says Stop Do Not keep going on with your life get changed by the gospel do not collect $200

Something like that let the piece be "tilted" by the roll and having to go to jail.

Just a thought.