Because my dear and only daughter squawks if I don't have one up by midnight (and I can't have that), here's a first edition. There will be additions up to noon, Texas time, as usual.
- Hokey smokes! David Murray (aka The Jolly Scotsman) shares an amalgamation of >500 online preaching resources.
- Adam Parker talks about how right, normal, and Biblical it is for a man to long for male friendship. Does not talk about how to find it.
- Here's the Director's Cut, so to speak, of the most recent sermon in the Ephesians series. It failed to record, so I re-preached it (with my lovely wife comprising the audience at church), and as they say considerably revised and extended my remarks. It closes Ephesians 1:4-6, giving fourteen reasons why election must be unconditional, plus doing some questions and answers about predestination, election, free will, evangelism, and more.
CALIFORNIA: Legislators pass law raising minimum wage to $75 an hour, and penalizing businesses $48 kajillion if they close or relocate
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) February 12, 2015
- Remember this? 26 Ways Doing IT Support Is Better Than Being a Pastor.
- Fed up to here with clear, concise, accessible prose dedicated to taking the best cookies and putting them down where we can all reach them? Hankering for something so abstruse that even lasting through an entire sentence is an accomplishment? Good news! Jonathan Edwards' complete works are available as a free download. You're welcome.
- The last thing any Christian should be is, unfortunately, the first thing too many walking, talking, living churchgoing obstacles are: unteachable.
- Brian Williams and lies, lies, lies.
- Want a reason to cheer up and praise God? Gurnall gives us something about which we probably do not think nearly often enough.
Whether you're Katy Perry or Cathy Charismatic, do me a favor: when you tell us what "God" told you, please don't forget the air-quotes
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) February 9, 2015
- Coming Robot Overlord Invasion: evidently Soldier 11493z jumped the gun.
- Meanwhile, sleeper cell bots are ready to serve you what appears to be perfectly harmless food and drinks.
- Tom Chantry writes of The Era of Little Girls.
- Now, for some really, really strange fire:
- It's been suggested that this be added to the next Pyro conference. To which I say: noted.
- Background on the Crusades from Kevin DeYoung.
- Unicorns in the Bible? Um... hunh.
- Hungry? You will be.
- Left off one obvious best bacon meal, though. The one that's...
- Want healing? Don't lay on the hands of some charlatan. Lay on some...
- This is pretty great. The indispensable DBTS blog brings us an article by prof Mark Snoeberger that concisely defines the major labels/categories as touching the issue of God's sovereignty and human responsibility — such as Pelagian, Semi-Pelagian, and so on.
"The Bible is human speech, humans err, so the Bible errs." "I see. So then, your statement also errs?" "Er..." #PaZang #SeeWhatIDidThere
— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) February 11, 2015