Very brief to start, will try to expand a bit up to noon, Texas time.
- Oh, you have got to see this. I was on the fence about doing an SHST today, but this pushed me over — I had to do one, if only to send you to Tom Chantry's TGC-nuanced version of "Imagine."
- Then, and relatedly, I think a lot of you somehow missed the Janet Mefferd interview. You shouldn't've. Read, and share: Part One; Part Two.
- Kregel's 40 Questions series has now produced 40 Questions About Creation and Evolution. Read the review by Bob Hayton.
- I love happy endings. Here's the testimony of a professor's conversion as a young man from Scientology (!) to faith in Jesus Christ.
- M'man Mike Riccardi taps academics to give a good word on the Greek term translated "homosexual."
- Interesting, in prepping to preach Ephesians 1:13 about being sealed with the Holy Spirit, to find Lloyd-Jones held that sealing was equivalent to baptism, and was a post-conversion experience. Even more interesting to realize that his reasons and conclusions were very like Sandemanianism (Dallas doctrine/no-lordship/gutless grace). Listen to the sermon here.
- This week's But We Haven't Changed Our Mind About Jesus/Irony Can Be Pretty Ironic award winner.
Christians who won't stop trying to persuade others to change their minds must be forced to stop, or shouted down. #LoveAndKisses_TheWorld— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) April 28, 2015
- Carl Trueman discusses, reviews and recommends a new DVD about D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones titled Logic on Fire.
"The issue before the Court today is: just what kind of arrogant gasbags are we?" "No, it's whether to redefine marriage." "Your point...?"— Dan Phillips (@BibChr) April 29, 2015
- Have a good weekend. Live like you're being watched. You are.
- That's not what I meant, but anyway...