02 April 2010

What the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ means to me (DJP)

by Dan Phillips

The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ is the lynch-pin of everything I believe and hope, everything on which I build my life. No isolated event, it was framed by centuries of increasingly specific prophecy and types, capped with the indisputably miraculous life of Jesus Christ. It means what He said it would mean. It is the vindication of His claim to be the way, the truth and the life. It is how I know that I am forgiven, reconciled, counted righteous, and assured of Heaven through repentant faith alone. It is that without which there is nothing, to me.

Dan Phillips's signature


3 comments:

brentjthomas said...

Amen! Thank you for your post. Happy Easter!

Kirby L. Wallace said...

The bodily ressurection of Jesus is my confidence. It means that He has proven that He can do it.

I have confidence that my trust in Him to raise ME bodily from the dead will be done just according to his plan, and His own ressurection was like a "test run" against that day. "See, Kirby? I CAN do it. And I can do it for you too! You can trust me! I can do it!"

To which all I can reply, is "Even so, Lord, according to your will. I will trust you."

Anonymous said...

Jonathan Edwards:

So those that shall be justified, shall be most justly adjudged to eternal life. Although they also were great sinners, and deserved eternal death; yet it will not be against justice or the law, to justify them, they will be in Christ. But the acquitting of them will be but giving the reward merited by Christ’s righteousness, (Romans 3:26). “That God may be just, and the justifier of him that believeth in Jesus.”

http://liturgist.org/ccel/edwards/works2.vi.vii.vi.html