02 April 2010

What the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ means to me

by Frank Turk

I press on to make the resurrection my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. I don’t consider that I can take it by my own power. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. For me, His resurrection is hope for what I cannot do for myself, but which will bring me the greatest joy in spite of both my failings and my successes. That will be a great day.


5 comments:

brentjthomas said...

Amen. I like what you wrote about making the resurrection your own because you belong to Christ Jesus. When I feel the warmth of the sun I know that He knows the warmth of the sun upon His skin, like we do. He knows this sensation before and after the resurrection of His body. There is so much more than this to think about, but in everything, as you stated, the resurrection is ours because He has called us to be His.

Barbara said...

I do love the Philippian letter. Succinct, profound truth. Couldn't be spoken better than through the Word itself. Beautiful.

Mike Riccardi said...

Amen Frank. Caused me to worship in hope.

Stefan Ewing said...

May all three of you and your families—and everyone reading this—enjoy a very wonderful, happy, and joyous Easter!

Christ is risen indeed!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan Edwards:

The good works of the saints will also be brought forth as evidences of their sincerity, and of their interest in the righteousness of Christ. As to their evil works, they will not be brought forth against them on that day; for the guilt of them will not lie upon them, they being clothed with the righteousness of Jesus Christ. The Judge himself will have taken the guilt of their sins upon him; therefore their sins will not stand against them in the book of God’s remembrance. The account of them will appear to have been cancelled before that time. The account that will be found in God’s book will not be of debt, but of credit. God cancels their debts, and sets down their good works, and is pleased, as it were, to make himself a debtor for them, by his own gracious act.

http://liturgist.org/ccel/edwards/works2.vi.vii.v.html