OK: enough is enough. I'm opening this post and the comments below for one reason only: SGM "Survivors".
Here's what I think: I think that SGM has had some problems, and they have called in a third party to assess those problems, and they are working on solutions based on that report. And I think that there is a vocal and emotional faction of people inside and outside of SGM who are not satisfied with anything but the yet-to-be-determined volume of blood and mass of flesh to be extracted.
And there are a very small number of people who think they have the rational explanation for the whole thing and are also not entirely satisfied with where it is right now.
Me personally? I think this is what you're going to get with Charismatic theology: when conflict raises its ugly head, people lead with emotions and self-image and forget they have an objective Christ who overcomes my sin and your sin so that the two men can become one under Christ. That's not fantastically kind, but I think that's what this boils down to.
Anyway, here it is: the TeamPyro SGM thread.
Here are the ground rules:
- I will delete any comments which are slanderous toward any people. "Slander" is defined by the dictionary as "a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report." I'm qualifying as "false" anything which is not supported by evidence, and I'm qualifying as "evidence" things done publicly or reported by an objective third party. It's a narrow gate. See to it.
- I will delete any comments which are rehashing things already covered by the AoR Report, or calling the AoR report false or otherwise tainted. The world is not in a conspiracy against the battalion of people who claim SGM is run by the minions of Satan, in spite of some opinions to the contrary.
- I will welcome thoughtful reflections on the events, but not accusations or tantrums. "What's the difference," you ask? Then you better not comment. Seriously.
- I reserve the right to be capricious and utterly unfair in my editorial prerogatives.
- The other rules for posting here apply.