Let me say in opening that, though I am here to ask for something, it isn't money!
HSAT: I'm in a happy dilemma. I just tapped about all the folks I know to amass endorsers for World-Tilting Gospel for Kregel. Wonderful folks responded (thank you, every one of you), and a number of gracious souls drawn from that number are currently reading with a view to endorsing it.
My Proverbs project has been moved to the front-burner. This is absolutely terrific news to me, of course. But what it also means is that I get to go beat the bushes to find some more gracious souls to consider endorsing that lengthy tome. (Reluctant, you will understand, to impose on those already doing me a favor to add yet another, so soon!)
Thank God, I already have some absolutely terrific brothers who have generously agreed to read and consider endorsing the Proverbs book. All I need now is... more.
What you need to know: it's not short! And the deadline the publisher is looking at for endorsements is the end of May.
What I am asking: interested parties meeting these criteria —
- If you are a published author, and/or you teach (preferably Old Testament) at some institution, and if you believe you can make the deadline, drop me a line.
- If you don't meet either specification, but know someone who does, to whom you might commend my meager effort, ask him to drop me a line.
- Written, and reaping benefits from, conviction of the Solomonic origin of the whole. (You'll be surprised to learn what a minority opinion that is among evangelical writers, and what difference it makes.)
- Deals with the Biblical text both in its historical/canonical position in the process of unfolding revelation, and in its larger Biblical context.
- Engages the Hebrew text; yet
- Crafted with a practical/pastoral focus and broad appeal (i.e. any reader can read, learn, profit).
- How to read, understand and apply proverbs.
- What the fear of Yahweh is.
- How to find wisdom.
- A fresh, closer look at the real meaning of Proverbs 1:7; 3:5-6; 22:6 (among others).
- Wisdom for friends, singles, married couples, parents, children.
- ...and other good stuff.
Of course, eventually I hope it sounds like fun to all of you and many others as well, God willing. But right now I need it to sound like fun to some additional endorsers. Lord willing, you will all have access to it in just a matter of months.
So if you fit the bill above or know someone who does... drop me a line.
My email is, without the spaces: filops @ yahoo.com
That is all. Thanks!
PS — I'd be tickled if a WTG endorser wanted to read this, too. Two already are, praise God. I'm just reluctant to pile on!